the iconic of a stack - also import snapshot

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 19 17:31:17 EST 2013

Lars Brehmer wrote:
> One last thing that is driving me crazy is that "import snapshot" never works for me in Windows. It works in the livecode IDE, but in standalones, the snapshot is always of the desktop/wallpaper, not of the stack.
>

>       put 234,83,500,166 into zRect
>       put the windowId of stack "mainStack" into tWindow
>       import snapshot from rect zRect of window tWindow
>
> In the IDE this works fine. In a standalone the image is always of the wallpaper behind the stack. I have found this problem in the forums, read how people say it works just fine in Windows and followed every tip and still it never has worked for me. Always the wallpaper. Please tell me this isn't because of the decorations?

The old "...from rect..." option still has some usefulness now and then,
but for obtaining an image of an object, such as a card, since v2.7 and
forward we have the "...from object.." option, which uses an internal
buffer to render the image rather than capturing it from the composited
screen, and doing so it's even able to render objects in unopened stacks.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World