[OT] Tethering Problem

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Feb 19 16:15:41 EST 2013

While here in NZ, got myself a sim card for my phone and software that
allows me to tether it to my laptop for intermet access.

The browser on my laptop (Chrome) works fine until I try to access my gmail
account - after a few seconds, I get a message that the web page isn't
available.

I can access gmail from my phone with no problem.

Also noticed that if I go to google maps, all works until I try to log in
to my google account, then same problem.

One thimg in common is that these are all https sites but don't know why
that would matter.

Any ideas? I'm tired of typing on a phone keyboard!

Laptop is Windows 8 running Chrome browser. Phone is running Android.

Pete