=?utf-8?Q?compositor=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6._?=Properties for Mobile Performance

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:36:42 EST 2013

Hello Dear LiveCode Gurus,

I content myself only with reading your conversations for a long time.
I've learned much.
Thanks, all of you.

Well, this is my first message / question in this mail list.
Asking in the forums is easy,
however asking a question in the mail-list is a bit intimidating, I must confess.

Ok, let me get down to brass tacks :)
Here is my problem:
I'm fiddling around with the compositor properties for a while now.
* compositorCacheLimit, compositorTileSize, compositorType *
But I couldn't see any performance benefits.

Here is a sample code:
***
on preOpenStack
__if the environment is "mobile" then
____iphoneUseDeviceResolution true, true
____start using stack "animationEngine"
____start using stack "kafes"
____set the compositorCacheLimit of this stack to 4 * 9 * (4 * (item 1 of the screenLoc) * (item 2 of the screenLoc))
____/*  9 is the number of controls of this single-card stack. */
____set the compositorTileSize of this stack to 128
____switch the platform
______case "iphone"
________set the compositorType of this stack to "opengl"
________break
______case "android"
________set the compositorType of this stack to "software"
________break
____end switch
____set the acceleratedRendering of this stack to true
__end if
end preOpenStack
***

A couple of questions:

-> Does the order of these commands make a difference?
Setting the acceleratedRendering first or last;
or setting the compositorTileSize before the compositorCacheLimit, etc.

-> What's the best way to determine the values of these properties?

-> In which scenarios do these commands create a performance boost?
For example, in a game which consists hundreds of buttons and thousands of sprite png's or ?

Any hints and info much appreciated.

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

~ ·  Keehuna Studio