Licenses ?? (maybe still annoying:)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 19 14:17:43 EST 2013

On 2/19/13 11:56 AM, Michael Mays wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On the RunRev store page I see categories  of platforms with pay as
> you go and perpetual options.
>
> On the KickStarter pledge page for the open source project I see
> commercial and enterprise licenses with annual and lifetime options
> for all platforms.
>
> Is there a link explaining the difference between commercial and
> enterprise or could someone explain the difference?
>
> I am also confused as to how these two offered premiums related to
> the products in the store and would appreciate any information
> explaining how they relate.

If the Kickstarter succeeds, the pay as you go license will go away and
the prices will drop for other licenses. The commercial product will use
exactly the same code as the free version, with the exception of the
password security mechanism. The commercial license will include the
ability to password protect your code, however the engine code will not
be accessible (to protect the algorithm.)

The differences are explained in the FAQ:
<http://runrev.com/home/ks1/?preview>

A quote:

The commercial version will be available as an annual subscription. A
single license includes the ability for a single developer to create and
build unlimited applications then distribute them royalty-free on all
supported platforms. Unlike the open source version, it does not include
access to the source code. It includes the script password security
module which provides an additional level of protection for your code.
It removes the requirement to redistribute the source code of your
application when you come to redistribute it. If your subscription
expires any applications built will continue to run but you will not be
able to create new closed source applications or updates to existing
applications until you renew your commercial license.

We also offer an enterprise class license which includes a commercial
source code license, technical support with a guaranteed response time
and priority bug fixes. A single developer may create an unlimited
number of applications with this license during the subscription term.
Applications created must be registered with us prior to redistribution.
With this license you can embed the source code directly in commercial
closed-source applications. A range of support options are available and
an optional commercial source code escrow policy.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com