Question about textFont in Livecode

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 06:35:01 EST 2013

I seem to have a problem with Livecode vs. RunRev and textFont.

In RunRev stacks, I could have some fields with the textFont set to "Arial,Russian" and others set to "Arial." Tabbing between these fields (or simply clicking in them) would change the keyboard from English to Russian and back.

Now Livecode handles unicode differently, and while I for the most part get it, I can't get the keyboard to switch between English and Russian, which means each time a filed is focused I have to manually switch the keyboard. There must be a simply way to correct this, but I can't find it.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Lars