AW: put the qtversion crashes

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Feb 15 03:01:29 EST 2013

Hi Bob,
I've wrapped the qtversion in a try catch in my next version, but with all
current version out there I still have this issue. Just yesterday again I
had another customer (Win 7 Ultimate 64, other customes were XP,...). On the
first start of my program I check for qtversion and I pop up a message to
install QT please... After the install of QT my program crashes only.
Deinstalling QT three times, reinstalling it (as Admin) three times again,
with or without virus scanner, having sufficient RAM, starting as Admin,
etc. nothing helped, my program couldn't get to start anymore without total
crash. Reinstalling windows probably would solve the problem, but I haven't
met any customer yet who was ready to do that, they better rejected my
program and complain about the bad quality of my software.
I wonder if there are no other bells and whistles to check for a full QT
installation? Am I the only one making theses experiences with QT? No
experiences and tricks?
Tiemo

Auftrag