bug check

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 14 21:43:12 EST 2013

On 2/14/13 3:18 PM, Mike Kerner wrote:
> Could someone else please confirm these for me?
>
> I'm building an ios app
> 1) Edit a script of an object
> 2) Hit the "Test" button.without first hitting "enter" or saving the change
> to the script.  The indicator for the script status should be yellow
>
> LC doesn't ask to save the stack, it seems, and runs the stack in the
> simulator without the changes.  That seems like a bug.

It's the same behavior the script editor always has. If you don't
compile, LiveCode is happy to run the old version. Whether that's a bug
or not, I don't know, but it's consistent.

> Here's another:
> 1) create a button
> 2) create a field
> 3) change the script of the button to
> answer the bogusproperty of field 1
> answer "this is an answer dialog"
>
> When testing, no dialog appears for me, even though at least the second one
> should, even though the property name is bogus in the first case.

It's acting as though the script has thrown an error and aborted. But if
the property doesn't exist, it should be answering empty. Maybe wrapping
it in a try structure would give a clue in the catch statement.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com