£310 deal is a steal for any commercial user (was Re: 1001 things you can do with LiveCode)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Feb 14 15:09:35 EST 2013

On 13/02/2013 20:53, Monte Goulding wrote:

> On 14/02/2013, at 7:48 AM, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com> wrote:
>
>> Less than 70 peoples to pledge at least for £ 640 ? Seems reasonably impossible, is't ? Do we all needs to act now to encourage confident new pledges along the two for coming weeks ?
>
> Yes... I don't personally understand why the numbers at that level are so low given what a good deal it is even if it were unrelated to going open source and all the benefits that will bring.

I think it's a good deal - if you want that stuff.  I've got Colin's book and
the mergExt set, I don't happen to want a mobile phone sleeve, SQL Yoga or
Animation Engine, and so on, and while I might want a boxed copy signed by the
team, I can't justify spending my company's money on it.

Whereas the £310 deal is a straightforward no-brainer for the commercial
license alone, never mind the other stuff, so I can.  So (as well as
increasing my personal pledge) I have just pledged this on behalf of my
company - and if just one other person does so, we'll pass £100K!

So if you're using LC commercially, and haven't done this yet - please take a
look.  If the project funds, this is a slight discount on the commercial
license, extending whenever your current one expires (and you'll get the
t-shirt, playing cards, phone cover etc etc etc).  If it doesn't fund, you've
lost nothing.

Do it now and take the total into six figures!

Ben