What do you want to contribute?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Feb 13 17:33:59 EST 2013

It's a serious question whether or not my C / C++ skills will be up to it or not, but ....

Planned Open Source Contributions

ENGINE
- Mobile sockets - engine (Monte)
- Nested behaviors so you can set the behavior of a behavior (Monte)
- Getting the long id of an icon/pattern given the context of the object it's applied to (Monte)
+ Adding a "reverseOffset", "reverseLineOffset", etc. (AlexT)
+ Put in the optimization so that "line -1" (line -N) uses the equivalent of reverseOffset
       rather than scanning forward through the whole string (AlexT)
(and, stretch goal ...
+ invent language and engine code to allow efficient use of sequential lines (or items) of a string
      (c.f. repeat for each line L) but in a more general context  (AlexT)

  IDE
- VCS integration into the IDE most likely focussed on git & mercurial (Monte)
- Work out why the standalone settings won't let you build for mobile and desktop with one stack and fix (Monte)
- Fix the bug in the docs stack where you can't type in the search field (Monte)
- Fix the script library support in the IDE user extensions and standalone builder (Monte)

Please respond with the whole list so we can keep track. You can add your name to someone else's thing if you want to help them.

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!