What do you want to contribute?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Feb 13 17:11:57 EST 2013

On 14/02/2013, at 8:54 AM, François Chaplais wrote:

> ENGINE
> - bug fix/request (bug 2783) I wish typed variables, arrays of variables could be declared and manipulated as such.

Yes that would be an interesting addition to the language

> - update the externals toolkit and switch to 64 bit, modern frameworks for each platform. Please switch to cocoa and objective-C as far as the Mac is concerned
> -  implement a way to enrich the "natural" syntax of livecode. My impression, when reading the release notes, is that all the improvements to the language are done by adding properties. Set, Get. Reminds me of peek and poke in basic.

I'm not sure about the 64 bit but the rest of the above is part of the base kickstarter campaign. There will be a whole new extensions api with many more hooks.

> EVERYTHING
> cocoa, 64 bits for LiveCode and the runtimes on the Mac. Forget PPC.

I don't think Cocoa is in the base kickstarter campaign. It's a stretch goal but it enabled I believe by the platform API. Matk's blog posts on this stuff is a great read.

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!