What do you want to contribute?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Feb 13 15:38:34 EST 2013

One of the things I thought might get people excited about LiveCode going open source is a thread about what different people are keen to contribute to the engine. There isn't a heap of low level language developers using LiveCode but there are enough that I think we could come up with a decent list for the engine. But also the IDE will be GPL too so what do you want to contribute there. None of us knows the feasibility of these things right now so consider it a pre-feasabilty hit list:

Planned Open Source Contributions
- Mobile sockets - engine (Monte)
- Nested behaviors so you can set the behavior of a behavior (Monte)
- Getting the long id of an icon/pattern given the context of the object it's applied to (Monte)
- VCS integration into the IDE most likely focussed on git & mercurial (Monte)

Please respond with the whole list so we can keep track. You can add your name to someone else's thing if you want to help them.

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!