1001 things you can do with LiveCode

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 05:42:39 EST 2013

I'm pretty sure that everybody on these lists (sorry for double posting) wants the LiveCode Open Source project to succeed. You've probably already pledged what you can (or are going to make your pledge soon). You'd possibly like to help but don't know how.

Well I think there is a way everybody on his list could help. It won't cost anything, you don't have to start calling up people to persuade them to make a pledge. All it will take is a few minutes.

I really believe that people who've never used Hypercard, Metacard, Revolution or LiveCode just don't understand how useful LiveCode can be and haven't got an idea what you can do with LiveCode. I feel that we need a way to show them the value of LiveCode. We need to spark their imagination so that they feel that LiveCode would be of use to them.

I've started a very simple blog, 1001 things you can do with LiveCode. It's at http://livecode1001.blogspot.com .

I've come up with the first use of LiveCode. Can you help me come up with the next 1000?

All I need is a short paragraph describing something do with LiveCode and a screenshot. (I'll give full credit to all contributors unless you ask otherwise).

It's a small thing but it may make a difference.

Peter