LC speaking with other apps

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Feb 11 12:27:00 EST 2013

Kevin,

The keysDown() does not handle certain keys like the fn key by itself yet the OS on Mac does, it uses the fn pressed twice to perform certain functions in VoiceOver. Also, on Mac, the OS does not distinguish between left and right shift keys different than how Windows does BUT it does distinguish between left and right option keys which LC does not.

So for my needs there are few keys that are not trapped in keysDown() when pressed by themselves but that the OS is aware of that I need to trap.

Thanks

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com