Reposting: Windows 7, Livecode and Unicode fonts.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:44:11 EST 2013

On 02/09/2013 09:36 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 02/09/2013 09:22 PM, Paul Hibbert wrote:
>> Richmond,
>>
>> Just a long shot (because I'm no expert on Windows or Unicode Fonts),
>> but have you looked at the Windows setting "Hide fonts based on
>> language settings"?
>>
>> In case you haven't seen it (but I'll guess you probably have)
>
> Your guess is wrong; I am almost completely unfamiliar with any form
> of Windows after XP.
>
>> , it's buried in:
>>
>> Control Panel > Appearance & Personalisation > Fonts > Font Settings
>
> I am just firing up VMWare Player with Win 7 and will take your advice.
>

>> I haven't used or changed this setting since installing Win7 and
>> notice that it is ON by default. Looks to me like MS are assuming
>> people only speak one language!
>>
>> Like I said, just a long shot.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Thank you for the idea.
>
> I hope, shortly, to provide some feedback as to how Livecode behaves
> inside Windows 7 with non-Latin unicode fonts
> with your suggestions.

NO: unfortunately going through that procedure has absolutely no effect
at all.

Firstly: Windows 7 substitutes it's "native" Hindi font for mine
wherever it can.

Secondly: the fonts don't 'work' insofar as those that should overlap
others don't, displaying a perforated circle instead.

'Tis a right b*gger!