what is LCs output for different platforms?

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 8 08:12:33 EST 2013

Peter W A Wood wrote
> It is possible to create a binary executable with most scripting languages
> by building a binary that includes a full copy of the script interpreter
> and the script in source form. It is typically referred to as encapping a
> script. I'm sure this is the process with LiveCode.
>
> The technique is even used to produce a binary executable of Java programs
> though in those cases the Java byte code is encapped with a JVM. This
> technique is used for the JEdit text editor.
>
> Peter

And as if to answer our question...

http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/266941/Taming-the-Monolith

One of the things that fascinates me about the LC open-source initiative is
the opportunity us geek types will get to learn from this. Its not only
open-source, we are also getting an education as well. I wonder if there are
opportunities to "promote" this as part of the kickstart campaign?

-- Mark