what is LCs output for different platforms?

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:38:13 EST 2013

It is possible to create a binary executable with most scripting languages by building a binary that includes a full copy of the script interpreter and the script in source form. It is typically referred to as encapping a script. I'm sure this is the process with LiveCode.

The technique is even used to produce a binary executable of Java programs though in those cases the Java byte code is encapped with a JVM. This technique is used for the JEdit text editor.

Peter