what is LCs output for different platforms?

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 8 07:20:14 EST 2013

Monte Goulding wrote
> The engine is a mash up of c++ and platform obj-c on iOS and java on
> android. Our scripts are compiled as they are loaded into memory not at
> runtime.

Interesting. I've never heard of that model before. A load-time compiler? So
it neither distributes compiled binaries (machine code) or p-code
(pre-compiled binaries for execution by a runtime interpreter), but rather
source code that gets compiled and executed at (technically runtime but not
in the same sense as an interpreter, more in the sense of a compiler??).
Gosh, I don't even think I can coherently describe that :-)

This does represent an interesting hybrid model. Thanks Monte

-- Mark