what is LCs output for different platforms?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Feb 8 02:56:13 EST 2013

Hi,

I just had a discussion with a (java and objective C) developer of iOS and
android Apps and couldn't really explain what the output of LC is for the
different platforms. This probably is discussed before more than once, but I
didn't found a real answer.

Does LC has a  "native" engine in objective C, java etc. for every platform
and "interprets" our scripts at runtime? Or does LC "compiles" our scripts
for every platform in any native format? Or anything in between? Is the
"apply" of a script just a save or kind of "precompilation" in a faster
"machine code" to be interpreted at runtime?

If this is answered anywhere, perhaps somebody can give me a pointer?

Thanks

Tiemo