Answer File crashes LC on PPC Mac 10.4

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 19:13:53 EST 2013

I've just started using LC 5.5.3 on my desktop Mac Mini, with a power
pc chip running System 10.4 as well as on my MacBook Air running 10.6.

This very simple script crashes LC on the Mac Mini:

on mouseUp
   answer file "Display what file?"
   put it
end mouseUp

When I stripped away the intended functions and left only this, and
created a new stack with only one button to put this script in, the
crashes are not consistent but they are very frequent.  On the first
try a file path will sometimes be displayed as expected, but the
second or third click of the button causes a crash as soon as I
choose the file.

On my MacBook Air, I do not have this problem.

Any one else have this experience, or suggestions?

Many thanks.

David Epstein