Location via WiFi on Mobile?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 5 00:43:40 EST 2013

Anyone know if the mobileSensorReading function works for "location" on iOS
devices through WiFi?  I can't seem to get any data from the function when
testing a simple stack on an iPad2 and iPod.

Using this script:

     get mobileSensorAvailable("location")

      if it is false then

         answer "Unable to use location."

         exit mouseUp

      end if

      --

      mobileStartTrackingSensor "location", true

      put mobileSensorReading("location", true) into geoData

      mobileStopTrackingSensor "location"

      answer geoData

Playing around with variations of this script, I either get "true" or empty
in the geoData variable.  Am I missing something?

Most every app that does anything with location works fine using WiFi on
these devices, so there's no issue with service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director