filter with a tab character

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:42:43 EST 2013

I think you could also use \t to signify a tab char.

As for the matching a range of numbers you'd probably be better served to
have lc handle whatever is leftover. However, barring that, you might look
at this page: http://www.regular-expressions.info/numericranges.html for an
explanation of how to get it done.