LC MISTAKES

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Sat Feb 2 23:51:38 EST 2013

It may help to not think of them as "backgrounds" anymore. They are shared groups. Any card can use any of the shared groups. This is really a vastly superior way of managing things, especially since the whole card = record moniker doesn't really work well in Livecode. Cards are really like forms now, into which you load your data, which is how dynamic web content works. The leap from Pascal to Hypercard was MUCH greater than from Hypercard to Revolution/Livecode. I don't find it that onerous, or I don't anymore once I gave up trying to do everything like I used to in Hypercard. Those on the list like Jacque can tell you I struggled a bit when I started, especially with databases. Once you get your hands dirty, it all falls into place though.

Bob