Arrow Key Selection in Option Menus

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Sat Feb 2 17:14:29 EST 2013

After some more tests in the LC IDE on Mac and Win7, plus building stand-alones I found a few discrepancies with the selectedLine on Win7, it all seems to work as expected on Mac.

Reading the selectedLine does not appear to be reliable with option menus in Win7 stand alone apps if there is no menuPick message sent, however, it does return a value relating to the first menu item, which is not necessarily the value you require, so I still can't find why you are not seeing any value returned, maybe that is a communication issue.

Jacque's suggestion works fine, or using the menuPick message of each menu button to store the answer in a field, global variable, custom property or text file should also work.

Paul