LC MISTAKES

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 1 21:19:46 EST 2013

On 2/1/13 5:42 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> I want my background
> layer back. Not going to happen, I know. (sigh)

I realize this is a bit tangential to your main point, but I'm not sure
what you're missing with backgrounds. I still occasionally port old HC
stacks and their backgrounds work fine, including their original HC
scripts. LiveCode uses the same syntax, which MetaCard introduced in
order to be compatible with HC stacks.

To reproduce HC backgrounds, just make a group, set its
backgroundBehavior to true, and it's layer to 1. That's it. It will work
like HC did. Limit yourself to a single background on a card and you
have the old paradigm.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com