Flow/wrap text into an irregular shape

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 27 21:01:55 EST 2013

Hi Roger:

I assume you're asking because you want to do this by script, rather than
manually trimming text to fit.  I've done text wrapping before using a
combination of the formattedText property and counting lines of text that
are displayed, wordOffsets, etc.  The formattedRect property might be
useful too.

Two ways you might do this are 1) use a single field with htmlText and
breaking lines using <br>, but you'll have to keep track of these
(add/delete) if the text has to flow into the shape, or 2) use separate
fields that vertically spaced using the desired line height of your text
and break the text across the fields as needed.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design