Managing Images in the Image Control
vclement at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 10:30:27 EST 2013
Did you ever have a technical issue where you just could not find the
technical support data to solve it?
I recently asked a technical question on this forum and I did not get any
1. I am using the image control in a shared background where each card will
have one image.
2. The image script to add the image performs as expected, but when I go to
the next card and paste in an image the prior and all other cards with the
image control shows the newly added image.
3. The check box for the shared background can be set to true or false and
it does not change the image issue.
4. This image script is used in IOS and Android stacks.
5. The simulator and the live testing both resulted in the same image issue.
6. The placing of an image lesson in LiveCode and research found no relief
from this issue.
7. The images are from the Photo Library on the device.
8. The storage of the image in the image control is retained for the
current image placed when you view the cards. So it is not a case where the
image is gone when you return to view the card.
These are the scripts that work to show the image in the card, and does not
retain the image at the end of the addition on the next new card.
mobilePickPhoto "library" -- a second script uses the mobilePickPhoto
"Camera" and this also works
*set* the text of image "PhotoImage" of this cd to the text of the last
image of this card -- Photoimage is the image control
*delete* the last image of this cd
Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address: vaughnclement or 9282549062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
More information about the Use-livecode