Auto updating to Write Restricted Folders

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Dec 19 15:33:39 EST 2013

App updating is #326 of the interesting things I've found out about while working with Trevor. While the GLX framework has updating mechanisms built in Trevor has moved away from them because of all the permissions headaches. On Windows we now download an installer and run it. On Mac we have implemented the Sparkle framework (which I will release via mergExt early next year).

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!