WYSIWYG is Wonky!

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 14:30:39 EST 2013

In my case setting formatForPrinting to true, saving, closing, reopening
& printing is way too clunky. Then if a user has to make a correction .
. .  For report-style printing that would be fine, but not for my use.

In my tests, setting formatForPrinting to true and then printing right
away did work great for some fonts, but not others - all TrueType. I
wonder what's up with that? If I were to just leave formatForPrinting
set to true all the time would that have any drawbacks other than
display anomalies?

This takes me back to printing on a PC in the mid 80s - fiddling with a
word processing document trying to get it to print like you wanted! Then
I bought my first Mac - an SE 30 and I didn't look back - well, till
now. (And that 9" screen was to die for . . . not to mention that I had
to sell my first-born son into slavery to afford it!)

I did file 3 bug reports yesterday, all printing related, and they've
been confirmed. So maybe this will get fixed???

Marty