Strange array behavior

Timothy Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Tue Dec 17 11:09:47 EST 2013

I had a problem similar to this about a month ago. It got bug reported as #11425. My problem was that when I deleted a key, the entire array was being emptied. I worked on it with RunRev but we were unable to find a reliable recipe to recreate the problem.

My "bad" array was being created from a custom property set and I suspected some kind of stack corruption but we could not recreate it.

My solution is odd but it worked. I wrote a repeat loop through the keys of the "bad" array and rewrote them into a new array variable, then performed the necessary actions on the new variable which did not get emptied.  In my case since the bad array originated in a custom property set, I also cleaned up the custom property by deleting the custom property set and creating a new one to store the new array. I have not had the problem reoccur since I did this "solution."

I hope this helps you find a solution to your problem.

Good luck,

Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer, HSIT
University at Buffalo

On Dec 16, 2013, at 10:32 PM, Peter Haworth wrote