Polyglot keyDowns

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 16:32:27 EST 2013

Richmond.

How is the virtual keyboard made? Can it have discrete objects under each virtual key so that those objects are mapped, maybe by name, to the translated letter you want? Can't you then use the "mouseWithin" or  "mouseEnter" message to locate the virtual key over which the pointer is resting, and use the target to do what you need?  You could change the names of all those hidden objects by script to change the mapping in one shot as well.

Craig