Up, Down and Sideways

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 15 14:56:34 EST 2013

On 12/15/13 4:43 AM, Richmond wrote:
> when I'm pressing the
> ctrlKey if
> the IDE doesn't pick that up and I end up with numToChar(1073) rather
> than numToChar(11744) - Aha, the Documentation seems to be telling
> big, fat porkies again:
>
> "Returns the state of the Control key." supposedly on Linux, Mac and Win.

One more thing to consider: the Mac does not notify the app when the
control, command, option, or shift key goes down alone. They are
combined into a single keypress when an alpha-numeric character is
typed. You can't catch them alone.

So the docs don't really lie, but they do assume you are typing Control
along with another character.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com