Slightly F-keyed off

Martin Baxter mblivecode at harbourhosting.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 12:58:55 EST 2013

On 15/12/13 11:27, Richmond wrote:
> Right . . . I'm a bit like Hank Wangford: In search of the lonesome yodel.
>
> Not really; but I am in search of the lonesome modifier key which is
> going to be 'totally transcendental'
> and rise above the petty materialism (pace maya-tattva) of types of
> computer and types of operating system.

Good luck with that. ;)

> So, I would be most grateful if a Windows mages could tell me:
>
> 1. What they think about my using an F-key as a keyboard modifier.
>
> 2. What F-keys are not otherwise engaged.
>
> Likewise for Macintosh and Linux.

I'm not a Windows or any other OS mage, so I'll just point you at
Wikipedia. Which should at least give you a feeling for the
transcendentalities of the question.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Function_keys>

Readers who liked "Function keys" by "Wikipedia" may also enjoy:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt_gr>

Or, (radical suggestion), let the poor user choose their own modifiers
in some setup screen, and just record the keycodes you get.

Martin