Eureka... and this how you play a movie inside a stack on linux

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 19:47:22 EST 2013

Yes. You are correct. These commands close VLC
after playing and... LiveCode is responsive again:

shell("vlc -I dummy --play-and-exit --drawable-xid 23069197 mymovie.mp4 ")

But the most useful solution would be using Sockets
or another methods to send instructions to VLC.

Let´s hope that one of the experts in sockets and
interapplication comunication reads this thread
and finds time to help. :D

A Media Player floating inside his own stack window is useful
in many ways, until an embedded player becames available.
We just need a better way to control it.

Have a nice weekend! :)

Al