Backdrop under Ubuntu Linux

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Dec 13 22:48:24 EST 2013

Warren-

> ummmm... I should have tested a little more. Toggling desktop effects
> off does allow LiveCode to display the backdrop in older versions of
> LiveCode, through 6.1.3, on my system. It's only in 6.5.0 that there is
> no backdrop even with effects off.

Confirmed here with linux mint 14, with the added proviso that a black
backdrop doesn't show up - apparently black maps to invisible, since
the screen does flicker a bit when I toggle the backdrop on and off.
And that's as in black backdrops don't work for me on linux in any
version, not just since 6.5.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com