Backdrop under Ubuntu Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Dec 13 16:10:50 EST 2013

On 12/13/2013 02:57 PM, Warren Samples wrote:
> The backdrop did not display under Mint 10 with Compiz and Gnome 2 when
> that was my main OS nor has it displayed under an version of
> openSUSE/KDE/KWin.

SHould say "...under any version of openSUSE..."

I want to add that KDE has an easy method of toggling desktop effects
and disabling them before opening LiveCode eliminates the problem of
video not displaying in a player object. Interestingly, toggling them
while LiveCode is running has no effect, either way. Just as
interesting, while it affects the compositing issue with the player, it
has no visible effect on the backdrop on my system.

Warren