How do I find the rgb values for colors defined by their name:e.g. blue, green, yellow etc. - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:11:53 EST 2013

Sounds as if gmail is seeing formatted text on the clipboard and trying to indicate a color when translating to plain text. Perhaps trying to copy plain text from LC would to the trick. I have a frontscript handler that allows me to set the clipboardata["text"] to the text of the selection with control-command-C instead of a straight copy (which copies the format along with the text). It's useful in a number of contexts, and it might work here.

on commandKeyDown pKey
   switch pKey
      case "c"
         if the controlkey is down then
            -- (could use another modifier key for Windows)
            -- control-cmd-C copies plain text
            if the tool is not "browse tool" then pass commandKeyDown
            if the clipboard is not "text" then pass commandKeyDown
            if the selectedField is empty then pass commandKeyDown
            if the selectedtext is empty then pass commandKeyDown
            if the long name of the target contains "revNewScriptEditor" then pass commandKeyDown
            set the clipboardData["TEXT"] to the selectedtext
         else
            pass commandKeyDown
         end if
         break