How do I find the rgb values for colors defined by their name: e.g. blue, green, yellow etc.

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Dec 10 18:33:27 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> The original question though was how to convert an RGB value to the
> nearest colorname. I don't think you can.

​sure you can.  But a human needs to be involved in the substitution.
Create a list with all the standard color names converted to RGB values-
put the name, a comma and the triplet on each line.​

then do a search to find a matching triplet

if found, display the name. If not, present an answer color dialog showing
the un-named color, allowing the substitution of a near neighbor.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*