Very bumpy group scrolling on Android tablets

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Dec 10 10:21:31 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm having a problem with scrolling groups using the native scroller on
Android devices (and possibly iOS devices). The group contains
approximately 100 images and 100 buttons. The formattedWidth is
approximately 2500 pixels.

When I start scrolling the group horizontally, the first time I scroll
it till the end is extremely bumpy. Every time, the Android tablet will
warn me, saying that the app is frozen and asking me to force-quit or
wait. Once I have managed to scroll till the end one time, everything
works perfectly smoothly.

When I leave the card and come back to it, it all starts from the
beginning again. I have to scroll till the end to obtain smooth
scrolling again.

I have added a handler that scrolls the group till the end and back
after the openCard handler has finished running and I wait 50 millisecs
with messages before I set the hScroll of the group to 0 again.

I have tried every possible combination of layermodes, changing the
layermodes of buttons, images and the group (9 different combinations).
Nothing fixes the problem.

Does anyone else have this bumpy experience with scrolling groups? Is
there a solution?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille