[OT] Blow your mind

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 6 23:22:43 EST 2013

> From: stephen barncard
>
> kinda cool but I'll wait for the second gen when they make it
> smaller like a normal pen.
> There's no reason for those boards inside to be so large,
> they just want to use an existing board design.

The board inside looks like a Gumstix, which for a complete Omap Linux
system with WiFi is pretty tiny. Designing a new, even smaller board would
be a pretty extravagant investment just for a lousy pen.

I think the problem with this is that it's hard to relate where you're
holding the pen to where you want to write, if you're trying to write "on"
something like a virtual sheet of paper. If you want to draw something,
you need to see where you're about to make contact with the writing
surface, even if it's virtual, before you make contact. And you need to be
able to feel when you make contact.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com