When is 10 really 13?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Dec 5 09:58:22 EST 2013

There's no "liking". :P

As explained, when using "file", LC assumes it's a text file, and that you want conversions to happen. The same goes for fields. But in fact I think there's only a case where mactoiso() get transformed when it's in a field, and that is when you open a stack in windows/linux that was last saved on a mac (and vice versa for isotomac()). However I think it doesn't change line endings in such a case.

So it's very easy: If you want text unchanged by automatisms in LC, and for it to retain it's characteristic, then don't store it in a field, and don't use "file:" for urls, simply use "binfile:" instead.