Checking for 'quit' and aborting shutdown

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 2 13:38:42 EST 2013

On 12/2/13 11:49 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> I simply
> have to decide whether to warn the user before quitting and live with
> the problem, or give up the warning. I am not sure if Apple (or
> Microsoft for that matter) has any guidelines on one's app being a
> 'good citizen' in this respect.

The only warning any of my installed apps show on quitting is if there
is unsaved data. None try to confirm a basic quit action by itself, and
I think I'd find it irritating if they did.

The one exception I can think of is for children's software, where
children may experiment with menus or try to see what a Quit button on
screen will do.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com