Communicating between to standalones with "write to process" - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 18:59:33 EST 2013

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>wrote:

> Since you cannot open sqlite read only in LC (that might be a nice
> feature), create a text file before opening database, checking first for
> its existence before opening. If it exists then another stack has it open.

:(

This would be more cumbersome than what I'm trying to avoid . . .

I get a half-second or so lag from hitting a db across town.  *If* livecode
were multithreaded, even weakly, i could use SQLite locks.   My tentative
solution is a slave process, so I pass off the updates to the remote db to
the slave, and "eventually" the update comes back from the slave.

If I play with the disk file, I've slowed things down even more than the
in-memory shenanigans . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462