master/slave stack links

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 00:04:41 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Actually, the slave is stuck on the read line. I changed "read until
> end" to "read until cr"... I'm not really clear on what "end" means.

*that* was the problem???

The dictionary says,

If you specify any of EOF, end, or empty, the read continues reading until
it reaches the end of the file. (If you're reading from a serial port, you
must use the form read from file portname until empty.)

I'm reading this as meaning that the entire buffer will be handed over.

For my purposes, I suppose that I could loop until "read until cr" comes up
empty?

While the communication has other purposes, my own use will
typically/frequently have multiple lines.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462