"The Database File Is Locked" sqlite

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Aug 29 18:59:10 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,
Can happen if you issue a BEGIN without a corresponding COMMIT or ROLLBACK,
then issue another BEGIN.  Also, if by some chance you're using an admin
tool that has the db locked for some reason.  I've never used an sqlite db
over a network connection but I've read that locks don;t work very well in
that environment because it uses the native OS file locking mechanisms
which apparently are not implemented very well in some network layers.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>