spitting nails at the IDE

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 29 18:00:54 EDT 2013

On 8/29/13 4:27 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> The breakpoints that oly break if they feel like it, the reloading
> several times an hour over the strict compilation shadowing bug, the
> database funcions that don't return the right information
> (revDatabaseTableNames is usually incomplete with postgres) or return
> it incorrectly (revDatabaseColumnNames dropping the capitalization,
> even though databases are case sensitive), and then all the little
> things (the message box wandering and disappearing, the tools that
> don't work or disappear . . .)

I can only speak to a few of those:

Breakpoints won't break if the line calls into an IDE/rev script. That's
the only time I've ever seen it happen. The solution is to break just
before or just after that line.

I have never seen the message box wander. Since you didn't get a reply
when you posted it, I suspect no one else has either. To me, it sounds
like a scripting issue. Maybe you have a script that sets the location
of a stack or some other object, but it isn't specifying the correct target.

Which tools don't work or disappear? (I've never seen that either.) If
an IDE object is disappearing, see if you can find a correlation to a
place in one of your scripts that hides an object. If so, see what it
thinks the target object is.

Are you using the new project browser? Do things improve if you close it?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com