Windows standalone puzzle

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 07:47:27 EDT 2013

Yes, exactly. I simply took the code out of the function handler and used it in place of the function call in the mousedown handler in the button script, and it worked fine. This happened with two quite different functions that accomplished the same result: both of the approaches worked in the Mac IDE, but in both cases the function calls failed in the Windows standalone but moving the code into the calling handler worked fine. Makes no sense to me. The function handlers were in the stack script, though, not in the button, I didn't think to test that aspect of it. But the functions were clearly in the message path -- it worked fine on my MacBook.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig