converting text to dos format

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 17:12:17 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> When not on Mac OS X, you need to replace linefeed with crlf, convert text
> to ISO and write the file as binfile, e.g.
>
> put fld 1 into myVar
> put macToIso(myVar) into myVar
> replace lf with crlf in myVar
> put myVar into url "binfile:~/desktop/file.txt"

It's not so much not on macos, but that this runs on macos, but the
remote system apparently expects dos (I *assume* they actually run
unix, but the thing is so sloppy that a server on windows wouldn't
surprise me . . .)

My code needs to produce a file that can be sent to this remote system
regardless of my host os.

So would I use mactoiso & binfile like this on osx and linux, but just
the filed and file if running on the dark side?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462