converting text to dos format

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 16:46:04 EDT 2013

Apparently, the ECF filing system used by federal courts expects the
whole world to be in dos format.

When I write a file from livecode on OSX, and then upload that file,
ECF fails to recognize that there is more than one line (but when I
dump from openoffice, I'm fine).

I need to override the behavior of accommodating the host filesystem
in livecode, and dumping exactly what that idiotic system expects.

would it be something like

    replace cr with cr & lf

(where I first define as ascii 10)?

Or with lf & cr?

It's been a *long* time since I've dealt with dos, or dos filesystem
for anything other than going back and forth between BSD and Linux
(historically, both do quiet damages to the other's file system)

thanks

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462