A basic explanation of what nested or chained behaviors are?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 24 16:00:58 EDT 2013

Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I keep seeing the references to nested or chained behaviors, but is
> there an actual explanation of what this*is*  somewhere?

It's in the dictionary under the "behavior" entry, which has been
updated for LiveCode 6.1. Basically, chained behaviors let you assign
more than one behavior to an object. The normal inheritance path
determines what will occur. Messages pass from the first behavior on
through subsequent parent behaviors until they are acted on.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com