Control From Outside

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:19:51 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> On Windows and Linux, you can start a standalone from the command line with parameteres. The parameters can be found in $0, $1 etc. You can do the same on Mac OS X, but you will have probems with the GUI.

Since I don't know remember I created it, I'm attaching this mac command file.

It just executes the command,

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -no-about-splash
-dont-force-window-stacking -geometry +850+10 -no-remote -P &

This is usually an alias for me; someone asked if the same thing could
be done with an icon.  (it's just to launch an extra simultaneous
firefox; I need this a lot, as my regular browser is locked down
pretty hard . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462